Your air conditioning system can literally be a life saver, especially during the dog days of summer. Let’s face it. Keeping it on is a must if you want to keep your Alpharetta home cool and comfortable despite the blistering heat and nerve-wrecking humidity. However, the downside is that you may get a ridiculously high utility bill in exchange for not sweating it out this summer.
Well, you don’t necessarily have to pay dearly for your comfort. You can still keep your cool while saving money on your air conditioning in Alpharetta. Here are some tips that can help you accomplish this seemingly impossible feat.
Seven Tips for Affordable Air Conditioning in Alpharetta
- Seal those leaks. Sneaky cracks and gaps in your doors and windows and a poorly insulated attic pushes your air conditioning system to work harder and consume more energy than it should.
- Replace your filters. Mind your air filters and replace them every three months or so to keep your air conditioning bills down and avoid expensive repairs.
- Upgrade your thermostat. Using a programmable thermostat allows you to regulate the temperature inside your home while you’re away and help you save tons of money. To help you save more energy, set your thermostat at 72o
- Place your thermostat on the right wall. Did you know that proper thermostat placement can help you save energy? For best results, avoid installing your thermostat near a heat source (e.g. lamps, appliances, a hot window or in direct sunlight) since it will think that the room is hotter than it actually is and use more energy to cool the space.
- Use a fan. Ceiling fans can make a room feel 10o cooler without using up as much energy as your air conditioning system does.
- Dress up your windows. Shut your windows and close the blinds to keep out the sun. To avoid overheating your home, use solar screens or window films to reflect the heat before it gets into the house.
- Follow a regular preventive maintenance schedule. Aside from ensuring that everything runs smoothly, preventive maintenance can also help you avoid those costly repairs and prolong the life of your air conditioning system.
Air Conditioning in Alpharetta, GA
Comfort Atlanta provides the most competitive rates for air conditioning service in Alpharetta, GA, and neighboring counties. Our experts are equipped with all the right tools and skills needed for the job, and are continuously trained to keep up with the latest industry technology. Our long record of excellent service proves that we are skilled in every aspect of HVAC Maintenance. We are committed to keeping you comfortable all year round so contact us at (770) 568-1343 to get your AC repair questions answered or to get a free estimate today.