It’s August and summer may be coming to an end but it is still unbearably hot in Alpharetta! Yes, the weatherman declares that the daily temperatures will be going down by a good 3oF but your senses may not feel the difference. In all accounts, it is still uncomfortably hot! Thankfully, you can rely on your trusted Alpharetta AC to keep you cool and comfortable all throughout the hot and humid season. But can it really blow off the heat, or will it let you down? Here are some tips that can help you keep your air conditioning in great shape and prevent you from getting into a sticky (pun not intended) situation.
Don’t Sweat It Out! 5 Tips to Keep Your Alpharetta AC Running Efficiently
- Maintain your filters. Did you know that you can enhance your AC’s efficiency by 5% to 15% just by cleaning or replacing your filters regularly? It can also add precious years to its productive life!
- Keep it in the shade. Proper shading enhances your AC’s efficiency. And since the surrounding air is cooler in shaded spaces, your AC doesn’t have to spend a lot of energy in cooling your home. For best results, keep the surrounding area foliage-free (keep plants and shrubs at least 2 feet away) to enhance airflow and prevent dirt and debris from accumulating on the outer walls of your unit.
- Weatherize your home. Are you cooling the entire neighbourhood without even knowing it? If so, it may be time for you to schedule a home energy audit so you can learn how to best address these issues. To keep cold air in, the least you can do is to seal in air leaks, cracks and gaps with caulking and weather-stripping.
- Put your fans to work. Switching your ceiling fans to run counter clockwise will force cool air down and help your AC do its work more effectively – and for less!
- Call an expert Alpharetta AC technician. Maintaining a regular AC maintenance schedule can help your AC run more effectively and cool your home for many summers to come!
Aircon Maintenance in Alpharetta, GA
For high quality air conditioning repair service at the most competitive rates in Alpharetta, GA, no one beats Comfort Atlanta. Contact us at (770) 568-1343 to get your AC repair questions answered or to get a free estimate. When you choose Comfort Atlanta to be your HVAC repair and maintenance service provider of choice, you’re sure your aircon will be ready for August, and all throughout the year!