Nothing can be more awful than having your air conditioner go out in the midst of an impossibly hot and humid summer season. Sure, you can always call an aircon technician but there’s a great possibility that they are extremely busy during this time of the year and that you may have to wait for days to have your AC fixed. So, what can you do to keep your family cool and safe at times when your AC cannot do it for you? Here are some tips and tricks that can help you survive the summer heat when your AC breaks down.
No AC? What to Do When Your Air Conditioner Goes Out
- Drink up. Too much heat accelerates dehydration which increases the risk of several health conditions such as kidney stones, constipation, blood pressure problems, stomach ulcers and premature aging. To avoid getting in this situation, drink plenty of water and fruit juices. Also avoid coffee, tea and alcohol since these increases the excretion of fluids from the body.
- Keep windows closed. Opening your windows during the day will let heat and humidity in so keep them closed while the sun is up. You may open them up at night to release the hot air that accumulated inside your home during the day.
- Use fans wisely. Fans can be a life saver when your AC decides to take a rest. Aside from circulating air throughout your home, moving air can also help you feel more comfortable since it enhances the body’s natural cooling process. You can also use them to push hot air out of the window or up the attic so it doesn’t just get blown around.
- Cool down your pulse points. Applying ice packs or cold compresses to pulse points (e.g. wrist, neck, ankles and behind the knees) can help you cool down real fast.
- Get low. Warm air rises so camp out in the ground floor or in the basement while waiting for your aircon technician.
Air Conditioner Repair and Maintenance in Atlanta, GA
For high quality air conditioning repair service at the most competitive rates in Atlanta, GA, no one comes closer to Comfort Atlanta. Contact us at (770) 568-1343 to get your AC repair questions answered or to get a free estimate. When you choose Comfort Atlanta to be your HVAC repair and maintenance service provider, you’re sure your aircon won’t let you down so you can stay comfortable all year round!